TESDA TRAINING REGULATIONS FOR RUBBER PROCESSING NC II
The TESDA Course in RUBBER PROCESSING NC II consists of competencies that a person must achieve to receive latex and lumps, produce blanketed rubber sheet and perform rubber drying operation.
This Qualification is packaged from the competency map of the Agri-Fishery Sector
A student who has achieved this Course in RUBBER PROCESSING NC II is competent to be:
- Latex receiver
- Machine Operator
RUBBER PROCESSING NC II – TRAINING AND REGULATION MODULE
Course Title: RUBBER PROCESSING
Level: NC II
Nominal Training Duration : 162 Hours
This course is designed to enhance the knowledge, desirable skills and attitudes of Rubber Processing NC II in accordance with industry standards. It covers core competencies such as: receive latex and lumps, produce blanketed rubber sheet and perform rubber drying operation.
TRAINEE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Trainees or students wishing to gain entry into this course should possess the following requirements:
- Able to read and write
- With good moral character;
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Physically fit and mentally healthy as certified by a Public Health Officer
- Age 18 and above
NOTE: These lists does not include specific institutional requirements such as educational attainment and others that may be required from the trainees by the training school delivering the TVET Program.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED IN RUBBER PROCESSING NC II
This units of competency comprising this qualification include Basic, Common, Elective and Core Competencies.
To obtain this course, all units prescribed for this qualification must be achieved.
These units of competency comprising this qualification include the following:
|UNIT CODE||CORE COMPETENCIES (90 Hours)|
|AGR612205||Receive latex and lumps|
|AGR612206||Produce blanketed rubber sheet|
|AGR612207||Perform rubber drying operation|
|UNIT CODE||COMMON COMPETENCIES (14 Hours)|
|AGR321201||Apply safety measures in farm operations|
|AGR321202||Use farm tools and equipment|
|AGR321203||Perform estimation and basic calculation|
|UNIT CODE||BASIC COMPETENCIES (18 Hours)|
|500311105||Participate in workplace communication|
|500311106||Work in a team environment|
|500311107||Practice career professionalism|
|500311108||Practice occupational health and safety procedures|
This section gives the details of the contents of the core units of competency required in Rubber Processing NC II
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : RECEIVE LATEX AND LUMPS
UNIT CODE : AGR612205
This unit covers the knowledge and skills required to receive latex and receive lumps.
- Receive Latex
- Latex volume is determined and recorded according to industry procedure.
- Latex quality is tested and recorded in accordance with company specifications.
- Required water-latex ratio is determined in accordance with dilution standard
- Coagulating operation is performed in accordance with enterprise procedure.
- Receive lumps
- Lumps are weighed in accordance to enterprise procedures.
- Records are maintained in accordance with enterprises procedures.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PRODUCE BLANKETED RUBBER SHEETS
UNIT CODE : AGR612206
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitude required to prepare roller machine for operation and produce blanketed rubber sheets.
- Prepare machine for operation
- Machine is maintained in accordance with standard procedures.
- Roller distance is checked and adjusted in accordance with the manual.
- Perform milling operation
- Operate slab cutter machine in accordance with enterprise and occupational health and safety procedures
- Operate pre-breaker machine in accordance with enterprise procedure and occupational health and safety procedures
- Milling operation is performed in accordance with enterprise procedures and occupational health and safety procedures
- Breakdown in operation are reported in line with enterprise policy
- Production operation report is prepared in line with enterprise policy.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM DRYING OPERATION
UNIT CODE : AGR612207
This unit covers the knowledge and skills required to dry and pack rubber.
- Dry rubber
- Blanketed sheets are shred and cut according to the company standard
- Shredded rubber (granulated rubber) is dried in accordance with the temperature requirements of raw materials
- Pack rubber
- Crumbed rubber is weighted in accordance with enterprise procedures.
- Pressing machine operated in accordance with enterprise procedures
- Wrapping and labeling of bales is performed in accordance with enterprise standard.
- Production report is prepared in accordance with enterprise policy
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : APPLY SAFETY MEASURES IN FARM OPERATIONS
UNIT CODE : AGR321201
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to perform safety measures effectively and efficiently. It includes identifying areas, tools, materials, time and place in performing safety measures.
- Determine areas of concern for safety measures
- Work tasks are identified in line with farm operations
- Place for safety measures are determined in line with farm operations
- Time for safety measures are determined in line with farm operations
- Appropriate tools, materials and outfits are prepared in line with job requirements
- Apply appropriate safety measures
- Tools and materials are used according to specifications and procedures
- Outfits are worn according to farm requirements
- Effectivity/shelf life/expiration of materials are strictly observed
- Emergency procedures are known and followed to ensure a safe work requirement
- Hazards in the workplace are identified and reported in line with farm guidelines
- Safe keep/dispose tools, materials and outfit
- Used tools and outfit are cleaned after use and stored in designated areas
- Unused materials are properly labeled and stored according to manufacturers recommendation and farm requirements
- Waste materials are disposed according to manufacturers, government and farm requirements
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : USE FARM TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
UNIT CODE : AGR321202
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to use farm tools and equipment. It includes selection, operation and preventive maintenance of farm tools and equipment.
- Select and use farm tools
- Appropriate farm tools are identified according to requirement / use
- Farm tools are checked for faults and defective tools reported in accordance with farm procedures
- Appropriate tools are safely used according to job requirements and manufacturers conditions
- Select and operate farm equipment
- Identify appropriate farm equipment
- Instructional manual of the farm tools and equipment are carefully read prior to operation
- Pre-operation checkup is conducted in line with manufacturers manual
- Faults in farm equipment are identified and reported in line with farm procedures
- Farm equipment used according to its function
- Safety procedures are followed.
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Tools and equipment are cleaned immediately after use in line with farm procedures
- Routine check-up and maintenance are performed
- Tools and equipment are stored in designated areas in line with farm procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM ESTIMATION AND BASIC CALCULATION
UNIT CODE : AGR321203
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to perform basic workplace calculations.
- Perform estimation
- Job requirements are identified from written or oral communications
- Quantities of materials and resources required to complete a work task are estimated
- The time needed to complete a work activity is estimated
- Accurate estimate for work completion are made
- Estimate of materials and resources are reported to appropriate person
- Perform basic workplace calculation
- System and units of measurement to be followed are ascertained
- Calculation needed to complete work tasks are performed using the four basic mathematical operation
- Calculate whole fraction, percentage and mixed when are used to complete the instructions
- Number computed is checked following work requirements
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PARTICIPATE IN WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION
UNIT CODE : 500311105
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to gather, interpret and convey information in response to workplace requirements.
- Obtain and convey workplace information
- Specific and relevant information is accessed from appropriate sources
- Effective questioning, active listening and speaking skills are used together and convey information
- Appropriate medium is used to transfer information and ideas
- Appropriate non- verbal communication is used
- Appropriate lines of communication with supervisors and colleagues are identified and followed
- Defined workplace procedures for the location and storage of information are used
- Personal interaction is carried out clearly and concisely
- Participate in workplace meetings and discussions
- Team meetings are at ended on time
- Own opinions are clear expressed and those of others are listened to without interruption
- Meeting inputs are consistent with the meeting purpose and established protocols
- Workplace interactions are conducted in a courteous manner
- Questions about simple routine workplace procedures and matters concerning working conditions of employment are asked and responded to.
- Meetings outcomes are interpreted and implemented
- Complete relevant work related documents
- Range of forms relating to conditions of employment are completed accurately and legibly
- Workplace data is recorded on standard workplace forms and documents
- Basic mathematical processes are used for routine calculations
- Errors in recording information on forms/documents are identified and properly acted upon
- Reporting requirements to supervisor are completed according to organizational guidelines
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : WORK IN TEAM ENVIRONMENT
UNIT CODE : 500311106
This unit covers the skills, knowledge and attitudes to identify role and responsibility as a member of a team.
- Describe team role and scope
- The role and objective of the team is identified from available sources of information
- Team parameters, reporting relationships and responsibilities are identified from team discussions and appropriate external sources.
- Identify own role and responsibility within team
- Individual role and responsibilities within the team environment are identified.
- Roles and responsibility of other team members are identified and recognized.
- Reporting relationships within team and external to team are identified.
- Work as a team member
- Effective and appropriate forms of communications used and interactions undertaken with team members who contribute to known team activities and objectives.
- Effective and appropriate contributions made to complement team activities and objectives, based on individual skills and competencies and workplace context.
- Observed protocols in reporting using standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to the development of team work plans based on an understanding of team’s role and objectives and individual competencies of the members.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PRACTICE CAREER PROFESSIONALISM
UNIT CODE : 500311107
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes in promoting career growth and advancement.
- Integrate personal objectives with organizational goals
- Personal growth and work plans are pursued towards improving the qualifications set for the profession
- Intra- and interpersonal relationships is are maintained in the course of managing oneself based on performance evaluation
- Commitment to the organization and its goal is demonstrated in the performance of duties
- Set and meet work priorities
- Competing demands are prioritized to achieve personal, team and organizational goals and objectives.
- Resources are utilized efficiently and effectively to manage work priorities and commitments
- Practices along economic use and maintenance of equipment and facilities are followed as per established procedures
- Maintain professional growth and development
- Trainings and career opportunities are identified and availed of based on job requirements
- Recognitions are sought/received and demonstrated as proof of career advancement
- Licenses and/or certifications relevant to job and career are obtained and renewed
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : DEVELOP CAREER AND LIFE DECISIONSUNIT OF COMPETENCY : PRACTICE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES
UNIT CODE : 500311108
This unit covers the outcomes required to comply with regulatory and organizational requirements for occupational health and safety.
- Identify hazards and risks
- Safety regulations and workplace safety and hazard control practices and procedures are clarified and explained based on organization procedures
- Hazards/risks in the workplace and their corresponding indicators are identified to minimize or eliminate risk to co-workers, workplace and environment in accordance with organization procedures
- Contingency measures during workplace accidents, fire and other emergencies are recognized and established in accordance with organization procedures
- Evaluate hazards and risks
- Terms of maximum tolerable limits which when exceeded will result in harm or damage are identified based on threshold limit values (TLV)
- Effects of the hazards are determined
- OHS issues and/or concerns and identified safety hazards are reported to designated personnel in accordance with workplace requirements and relevant workplace OHS legislation
- Control hazards and risks
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) procedures for controlling hazards/risks in workplace are consistently
- Procedures for dealing with workplace accidents, fire and emergencies are followed in accordance with organization OHS policies
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is correctly used in accordance with organization OHS procedures and practices
- Appropriate assistance is provided in the event of a workplace emergency in accordance with established organization protocol
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) procedures for controlling hazards/risks in workplace are consistently
- Maintain OHS awareness
- Emergency-related drills and trainings are participated in as per established organization guidelines and procedures
- OHS personal records are completed and updated in accordance with workplace requirements
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Blanketing (rubber) – process of flattening the rubber slabs through miller machine.
- Drying – is a mass transfer process consisting of the removal of water or another solvent by evaporation from a solid, semi-solid or liquid. This process is often used as a final production step before selling or packaging products.
- Latex – as found in nature is a milky fluid found in 10% of all flowering plants (angiosperms). It is a complex emulsion consisting of proteins, alkaloids, starches, sugars, oils, tannins, resins, and gums that coagulates on exposure to air. It is usually exuded after tissue injury. In most plants, latex is white, but some have yellow, orange, or scarlet latex.
- Milling – process of breaking a solid material into smaller pieces
- Standard – the set of criteria and specifications of quality determining the grades, described as product characteristics such as maturity, color, cleanliness, shape, free from decay and blemishes and uniformity of size.
- Shredding – cutting off into smaller pieces