TESDA TRAINING REGULATIONS FOR MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV
The TESDA Course in MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV consists of competencies that a person must achieve to supervise activities involving import seafreight, oversee the import seafreight team’s performance, oversee the coordination with overseas agents on shipment status particularly on any irregularity, control shipping documents, ensure that claims arising from cargo losses, damages, theft and other irregularities are processed and prepare reports required to support business decisions and comply with government requirements.
A student who has achieved this TESDA Course in MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV is competent to be:
- Seafreight Import Supervisor
TRAINEE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Trainees or students who wish to enter this training should possess the following requirements:
- Must have completed the ten (10) year basic education or an Alternative Learning System (ALS) Certificate of Completion with Grade 10 equivalent holder
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be computer literate
MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV COURSE MODULE
Course Title: MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV
Level: NC IV
Nominal Training Duration :
(Basic Competency) 47 hours
(Common Competency) 48 hours
(Core Competency) 58 hours
TOTAL DURATION: 153 Hours
SIL – 82 Hours
This course is designed to provide the learner with knowledge, practical skills and attitude, applicable in supervising/managing activities involving import seafreight, overseeing the import seafreight team’s performance, coordinating with overseas agents on shipment status particularly on any irregularity, controlling shipping documents, ensuring that claims arising from cargo losses, damages, theft and other irregularities are processed, evaluating reports required to support business decisions and complying with government requirements. This include classroom learning activities and practical work in actual work site or simulation area.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED IN MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV
This units of competency comprising this qualification include Basic, Common and Core Competencies.
To obtain this TESDA Course in MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV, all units prescribed below for this qualification must be achieved.
These units of competency comprising this qualification include the following:
|UNIT CODE||CORE COMPETENCIES (58 hours)|
|MTO132301||Supervise/ manage activities involving import sea freight|
|MTO132302||Oversee the import seafreight team’s performance|
|MTO132303||Oversee the coordination with overseas agents on shipment status particularly on any irregularity|
|MTO132304||Control shipping documents|
|MTO132305||Ensure that claims arising from cargo losses, damages, theft, and other irregularities are processed.|
|MTO132306||Prepare reports required to support business decisions and comply with government requirements|
|UNIT CODE||COMMON COMPETENCIES (48 hours)|
|MTO491201||Apply freight forwarding documentation services and workplace procedures|
|MTO491202||Perform workplace security and safety|
|MTO491203||Provide effective customer service|
|MTO491204||Contribute to quality system|
|MTO491205||Perform computer operations|
|UNIT CODE||BASIC COMPETENCIES (47 hours)|
|500311401||Utilize specialized communication skills|
|500311402||Develop and lead teams|
|500311403||Perform higher-order thinking processes and apply techniques in the workplace|
|500311404||Contribute to the practice of social justice in the workplace|
|500311405||Manage innovative work instructions|
|500311406||Manage and evaluate usage of information|
|500311407||Lead in improvement of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) programs, policies and procedures|
|500311408||Lead towards improvement of environment work programs, policies and procedures|
|500311409||Sustain entrepreneurial skills|
These guidelines are set to provide the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) providers with information and other important requirements to consider when designing training programs for MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC IV.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : SUPERVISE/ MANAGE ACTIVITIES INVOLVING IMPORT SEAFREIGHT OPERATION DEPARTMENT
UNIT CODE : MTO132301
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to ensure the effective and efficient flow of seafreight import operations.
- Familiarize with business processes
- Coordinate with administration on orientation regarding business process manuals in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Study the business process standard operating procedure, forms and materials in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- Arrange schedule to observe actual implementation of processes in accordance with company policies and programs.
- Record observation of any irregularities in the business process in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Disseminate information about seafreight import policies, procedures and regulations
- Policies and regulations on seafreight import are communicated to employees through orientation activities in accordance with company procedures.
- Disseminated information are confirmed understood and properly interpreted in accordance with company policies.
- Implementation of policies and procedures are monitored in accordance with company requirements and government regulations.
- Result of orientation and work instructions are recorded in accordance with quality management system.
- Implement business processes
- Initial hands on training & observation of the process for all sea freight import employees are arranged in accordance to company requirements
- Employees are motivated for positive results
- Processes implemented are evaluated for continuous improvement in accordance with established quality management system.
- Monitor implementation of business processes
- Business processes are reviewed in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Unsatisfactory performances are analyzed and corrective measures are recommended in accordance with existing policies
- Discrepancies / deviations in the output are identified based on business process standards in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Evaluate business processes and staff performance
- Performance review of employees is regularly conducted in accordance with company policies and standards
Outcomes of Performance review results of employees are communicated in accordance to company policy.
- Improvement of business processes are discussed and agreed upon by the import seafreight team in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Update company procedures based on government rules and new business practices
- Performance review of employees is regularly conducted in accordance with company policies and standards
- Pre-evaluate potential suppliers
- Suppliers of required goods/materials/services are identified in accordance with workplace requirements and regulatory procedures
- Comparative costing for required goods/materials/services are obtained in accordance with workplace and regulatory procedures
- Supplier’s ability to provide a consistent level of performance is assessed in accordance with workplace and regulatory procedures
- Suppliers are evaluated in relation to performance, price, and established criteria in accordance with workplace and regulatory procedures
- Supplier selection process outcomes are documented including recommendations for action on agreements with selected suppliers in accordance with workplace and regulatory procedures
- Data generated during selection process is filed and maintained in accordance with workplace procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : OVERSEE THE IMPORT SEAFREIGHT TEAM’S PERFORMANCE
UNIT CODE : MTO132302
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to oversee the import seafreight team’s performance
- Familiarize with company protocols
- Reporting Lines are identified according to Company’s organizational structure
- Reporting methods are learned and complied with in accordance with the company standards
- Standard Operating procedures, forms and materials are observed in accordance with Quality management systems.
- Familiarize oneself with the functions and responsibilities of the Import supervisor/Manager
- Job Description of import manager is familiarized in accordance with company policy
- Business process manual of import manager is studied in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- The methods and applications of import supervisor’s/manager’s responsibilities and functions are observed in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Participate in planning and organizing activities of import seafreight department.
- Work processes of all import seafreight staff are reviewed in accordance to company policy and procedures.
- Coaching and training of all import seafreight staffs are organized in accordance to company scheduled trainings and skill enhancement activities.
- Recommend staff qualification, substitution, and assignments where necessary in accordance with company standards
- Performance criteria of all import sea freight staff are observed and evaluated in accordance to company.
- Disseminate work instructions for proper implementation
- Work instruction is disseminated in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Method of completion of work instruction is monitored in accordance with company work procedure
- Accuracy and timeliness of implementation are measured in accordance with Key Performance Indicators
- Gather and validate data in setting up budgets and KPI’s of import seafreight department.
- Import seafreight shipment transaction data is gathered in accordance with company procedures
- Data gathered are validated based on established checklist
- Data are analyzed in relation to current market trends, business practices, and new industry regulations.
- Improvements and strategies are implemented in accordance with established guidelines
- Record and analyze irregularities in business process
- Irregularities and deviations in the business process are recorded in accordance with company policies.
- Root cause of deviations are analyzed in accordance with company parameters
- Preventive and corrective measures are recommended and implemented
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : OVERSEE THE COORDINATION WITH OVERSEAS AGENTS ON SHIPMENT STATUS PARTICULARLY ON ANY IRREGULARITY
UNIT CODE : MTO132303
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to ensure the proper coordination with overseas agents with regard to status and disposition of shipments, charges, and special handling requirements including handling of any irregularity.
- Review for accuracy and completeness of shipping documents
- Discrepancies in the shipping documents are verified and corrected with the overseas agent.
- Details of discrepancy are resolved and approved within the specified time of submission of e-manifest with the Bureau of Customs.
- Applicable Charges, fees, and penalties as a result of discrepancy are communicated and agreed upon with overseas agent.
- Ensure correct processing and handling of transport documents
- Type of bill of lading is determined in accordance with client’s requirement.
- Requirements for the release of delivery order are complied with in accordance with company procedures.
- Import records are kept and retained for a prescribed period for reportorial purposes.
- Review the accuracy of invoices / billing statements of overseas agent
- Ensure that a debit note or a credit note is received or sent before a billing statement to importer is made in accordance with company’s accounting standards and procedure.
- The profit and loss statement is approved in accordance with company policies.
- The billing to consignee is prepared and approved in accordance with established rates and charges.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : CONTROL SHIPPING DOCUMENTS
UNIT CODE : MTO132304
This unit covers the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to ensure the proper handling, distribution, and control of shipping documents involved in seafreight Import operations.
- Receive all relevant import sea freight information and documents
- All initial details, documents & special instructions of import sea freight shipments are received
- All import sea freight documents from agents are checked upon receipt
- Advance import sea freight documents are verified for completeness and accuracy
- Approve charges for billing
- Charges in the billing statement are checked according to agreed charges with the customer and standard import tariff and other charges.
- Applicable foreign exchange rate is checked and applied in accordance with Philippine guiding rates.
- Billing is approved for release to consignee or authorized representative within the required timeline.
- Request for payment is reviewed and approved
- Request for payment is checked in accordance with carrier’s standard tariff
- Request for payment is approved in accordance with company procedures.
- Work instruction is issued to liaison personnel for settlement of carrier’s charges in accordance with company procedures
- Monitor proper handling of seafreight import documents
- Regular audit of documentation is conducted according to company procedures.
- Deviations from Standard Operating Procedures on seafreight import documentation are identified in accordance with established company procedures.
- Corrective and preventive measures are adapted in accordance with company policies.
- Organize and preserve relevant documents for future reportorial purposes.
- Relevant documents are identified for safe keeping in accordance with company procedures
- Relevant documents are sorted out in accordance with company procedures.
- Relevant documents are stored in accordance with the retention policy of the company.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : ENSURE THAT CLAIMS ARISING FROM CARGO LOSSES, DAMAGES, THEFT, AND OTHER IRREGULARITIES ARE PROCESSED.
UNIT CODE : MTO132305
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to ensure the proper processing of claims arising from losses, damages, theft and other irregularities.
- Gather and analyze documentary evidences of irregularity.
- Notice of claim is received in accordance with established procedures.
- Complaints or claims are evaluated in accordance with contract of carriage
- Initial report is prepared based on documents and result of investigation.
- Investigate the nature of claim
- All legal documents involved in the discrepancy are collated in accordance with conditions of carriage.
- The services of the certified cargo surveyor are engaged to conduct ocular inspection where the damages are discovered.
- The preliminary report is prepared stating the nature of identified and alleged discrepancy.
- Report the incident of damages and losses to all concerned parties.
- The incident of claim is reported to admin / legal department
- The claim Incidence is reported to foreign agent.
- Consignee on record is informed about the incident including all aggrieved parties
- Process the cargo claim.
- The prescription period is identified in accordance with time bar stipulated in the transport contract
- Pertinent documents and supporting records are attached to the notice of claim in accordance with standard claims procedures.
- The formal notice of claim to all concerned parties is recorded in accordance with standard claims procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : EVALUATE REPORTS REQUIRED TO SUPPORT BUSINESS DECISIONS AND COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENT REQUIREMENTS
UNIT CODE : MTO132306
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to ensure the integrity and completeness of reports derived from the data gathered for reportorial requirements and business decisions.
- Familiarize with reports for internal use and for statutory purposes
- Different types of internal reports are identified in accordance with the company policies
- Standard operating procedures, forms, and materials in accordance with company policies are studied.
- Schedule to observe actual preparation of reports in accordance with company policies and procedures is arranged.
- Identify and organize the kind of data required for report preparations
- Sources and types of information needed with all seafreight import employees is identified
- Checklist for the data required is prepared based on report needed.
- Timeline, methodology, and sources of data are communicated to import sea freight staff in accordance with the checklist.
- Conduct data gathering
- Data to be gathered is assigned to import sea freight staff in accordance with their respective function.
- Data gathering is monitored based on company policies.
- Data gathered is reviewed in accordance with established procedures.
- Evaluate report
- Data gathered is validated for accuracy and completeness based on required report
- Data gathered is segregated according to report requirement
- Recommendation/s based on the analysis of data is presented to superior authority in accordance with reportorial requirements.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : APPLY FREIGHT FORWARDING DOCUMENTATION SERVICES AND WORKPLACE PROCEDURES
UNIT CODE : MTO432201
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to apply freight forwarding and documentation services and workplace procedures. It includes identifying major areas of the workplace in terms of workload, ethical practices, and personal daily routine.
- Identify major areas of the workplace
- The layout of the workplace, the flow of materials and goods/stocks (where relevant) and the workplace procedures in each work area are identified
- Organizational structure of the workplace and the relationship of structure to each occupation and classification grouping is outlined
- Individual responsibilities under agents, vendors, & clients agreements are identified and acted on in the conduct of assigned duties
- Workplace hazards are identified and related hazard minimization procedures followed
- Relevant personal protective equipment (PPE) are identified and correctly used in accordance with regulations and workplace requirements
- Workplace emergency procedures are identified and followed in real and simulated emergency situation
- Organize and accept responsibility for assigned workload
- Priorities, schedules and deadlines are established in consultation with concerned parties
- Work activities are planned and progress of work is communicated to others whose personal work plans and timelines may be affected
- Work is completed to the standard expected in the workplace and in accordance with any guidelines, directions or instructions/information
- Additional support to improve work is communicated clearly to appropriate personnel
- Apply ethical practices
- Workplace procedures, regulations and legislation appropriate to the position are identified and followed
- Commitments and undertakings to clients, colleagues and supervisors are met
- Required confidentiality is maintained
- Appropriate codes of acceptable and ethical work practices are applied
- Workplace security policies are identified
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM WORKPLACE SECURITY AND SAFETY
UNIT CODE : MTO432202
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to follow security procedures in the freight forwarding and documentation services. It includes checking and maintaining the security of the workplace and personnel, identifying and responding to security threats or situations.
- Maintain security of the workplace
- Workplace is secured within specified locations in accordance with workplace security procedures and applicable security regulations
- Seals, locks and other security measures in the workplace are checked and maintained in accordance with workplace safety and security procedures
- Signs of attempted entry, theft, or interference are recognized and reported in accordance with workplace security procedures
- Any breaches of security requirements are reported promptly to designated personnel in accordance with workplace safety and security procedures
- Identify a security threat or situation
- Security threat or situation is promptly identified and assessed and response is prioritized in accordance with the workplace security program and procedures
- Implications of the security threat or situation are evaluated in accordance with workplace security program and procedures
- Respond to a security threat or situation
- Response to an identified security threat or situation is in accordance with workplace security procedures, received instructions, regulatory requirements and emergency response plan
- Security threats or incidents are handled appropriately in accordance with established response plan and within limits of responsibility using available communications in the work area
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PROVIDE EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
UNIT CODE : MTO432203
This unit involves the skills, values, and knowledge required to provide effective customer service skills to relevant workplace operations. It includes dealing with customer inquiries and monitoring customer satisfaction.
- Deal with customer inquiries
- Customer inquiries are dealt with courteously and efficiently thru phone, e-mail and face to face.
- Questions are used to clarify the customer’s needs or concerns
- Assistance from other staff is sought when a customer’ s inquiry cannot be fully answered
- Knowledge of products, services and/or operations is used to answer customer queries or to respond to customers’ needs
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Customer requirements are dealt with according to workplace procedures
- Appropriate feedback is provided to managers and internal and/or external customers
- Customer inquiries and associated action are recorded and reported in accordance with workplace procedures
- Maintain strong rapport with the customer
- Customer requirements are dealt with courteously and efficiently thru phone, e-mail and face to face.
- Periodic and planned follow-up calls are made with the customer
- Special events and occasions of the customer are attended to
- Assistance from other staff is sought when a customer’ s inquiry cannot be fully answered
- Knowledge of products, services and/or operations is used to answer customer queries or to respond to customers’ needs
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : CONTRIBUTE TO QUALITY SYSTEMS
UNIT CODE : MTO432204
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to contribute quality procedures within work activities. It includes applying quality concepts to work, planning, implementing, and evaluating improvements in work processes.
- Apply quality concepts
- Responsibility is taken for quality of own work when providing services or products to meet customer needs
- Work is completed in accordance with workplace standards as defined in enterprise policies and procedures
- Basic quality concepts are applied to work activities
- Test and evaluate improvements
- Improvements to work processes are tested and evaluated
- Evaluation of improvements to work processes are checked for improvement outcomes and compliance with workplace requirements
- Implement improvements
- Improvement initiatives tested and confirmed as successful are implemented in accordance with enterprise procedures
- Work is completed in accordance with workplace procedure
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM COMPUTER OPERATIONS
UNIT CODE : MTO432205
This unit covers the knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to perform computer operations which include inputting, accessing, producing and transferring data, and using the appropriate hardware and software.
- Plan and prepare for task to be undertaken
- Requirements of task are determined
- Appropriate hardware and software are selected according to task assigned and required outcome
- Task is planned to ensure OSH guidelines and procedures are followed
- Input data into computer
- Data are entered into the computer using appropriate program/application in accordance with company procedures
- Accuracy of information is checked and information is saved in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Inputted data are stored in storage media according to requirements
- Work is performed within ergonomic guidelines
- Access information using computer
- Correct program/application is selected based on job require
- Program/application containing the information required is accessed according to company procedures
- Desktop icons are correctly selected, opened and closed for navigation purposes
- Keyboard techniques are carried out in line with OS&H requirements for safe use of keyboards
- Produce/output data using computer system
- Entered data are processed using appropriate software commands
- Data are printed out as required using computer hardware/peripheral devices in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Files and data are transferred between compatible systems using computer software, hardware and peripheral devices in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintain computer equipment and systems
- Systems for cleaning, minor maintenance, energy-saving, appropriate replacement of consumables are implemented
- Procedures for ensuring security of data, including regular back-ups and virus checks are implemented in accordance with SOP’s
- Basic file maintenance procedures are implemented in line with the SOP’s
The BASIC COMPETENCIES refer to non-technical skills (knowledge, skills and attitudes) that everybody will need in order to perform satisfactorily at work and in society and are considered portable and transferable irrespective of jobs and industrial settings.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : UTILIZE SPECIALIZED COMMUNICATION SKILLS
UNIT CODE : 500311401
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to use specialized communication skills to meet specific needs of internal and internal clients, conduct interviews, facilitate discussion with groups, and contribute to the development of communication strategies.
- Meet common and specific communication needs of clients and colleagues
- Specific communication needs of clients and colleagues are identified and met
- Different approaches are used to meet communication needs of clients and colleagues
- Conflict is addressed promptly in a manner which does not compromise the organization
- Contribute to the development of communication strategies
- Strategies for internal and external dissemination of information are developed, promoted, implemented and reviewed as required
- Channels of communication are established and reviewed regularly
- Coaching in effective communication is provided
- Work related network and relationship are maintained
- Negotiation and conflict resolution strategies are used where required
- Communication with clients and colleagues is performed appropriate to individual needs and organizational objectives
- Deliver a technical presentation
- Presentation is delivered clearly, sequential and delivered within allotted time
- Utilize appropriate media to enhance presentation
- Differences in views/opinions are respected
- Questions during fora are responded in a manner consistent with organizational standard
- Represent the organization
- When participating in internal or external forums, presentation is relevant, appropriately researched and presented in a manner to promote the organization
- Presentation is clear and sequential and delivered within a predetermined time
- Utilize appropriate media to enhance presentation
- Differences in views are respected
- Written communication is consistent with organizational standards
- Inquiries are responded in a manner consistent with organizational standard
- Consolidate ideas and suggestions
- Generalize and summarize all ideas and suggestions
- Facilitate group discussion
- Mechanisms which enhance effective group interaction is defined and implemented
- Strategies which encourage all group members to participate are used routinely
- Objectives and agenda for meetings and discussions are routinely set and followed
- Relevant information is provided to group to facilitate outcomes
- Evaluation of group communication strategies is undertaken to promote participation of all parties
- Specific communication needs of individuals are identified and addressed
- Conduct interview
- A range of appropriate communication strategies are employed in interview situations
- Records of interviews are made and maintained in accordance with organizational procedures
- Effective questioning, listening and nonverbal communication techniques are used to ensure that required message is communicated
UNIT OF COMPETENCY: DEVELOP AND LEAD TEAMS
UNIT CODE : 500311402
This unit covers the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to determine individual and team development needs and facilitate the development of the workgroup.
- Foster Individual growth
- Learning and development needs of team members are systematically identified in line with organizational requirements
- Development plan to meet individual needs is collaboratively developed and implemented
- Individuals are encouraged to self – evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement
- Feedback on performance of team members is collected from relevant sources and compared with established team learning process
- Foster individual and team growth
- Learning and development program goals and objectives are identified to match the specific knowledge and skills requirements of competency standards
- Learning delivery methods are appropriate to the learning goals, the learning style of participants and availability of equipment and resources
- Workplace learning opportunities and coaching/ mentoring assistance are provided to facilitate individual and team achievement of competencies
- Resources and timelines required for learning activities are identified and approved in accordance with organizational requirements
- Monitor and evaluate workplace learning
- Feedback from individuals or teams is used to identify and implement improvements in future learning arrangements
- Outcomes and performance of individuals/teams are assessed and recorded to determine the effectiveness of development programs and the extent of additional support
- Modifications to learning plans are negotiated to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of learning
- Records and reports of competency are maintained within organizational requirement
- Develop team commitment and cooperation
- Open communication processes to obtain and share information is used by team
- Decisions are reached by the team in accordance with its agreed roles and responsibilities
- Mutual concern and camaraderie are developed in the team
- Career planning for each member are monitored
- Facilitate accomplishment of team goals
- Team members actively participated in team activities and communication processes
- Teams members developed individual and joint responsibility for their actions
- Collaborative efforts are sustained to attain organizational goals
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM HIGHER-ORDER THINKING PROCESSES AND APPLY TECHNIQUES IN THE WORKPLACE
UNIT CODE : 500311403
This unit of covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to use fundamental critical thinking skills in the workplace.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of the workplace systems, processes and procedures.
- Effectiveness and efficiency of workplace standards and procedures are examined.
- Usage of inquiry and dialogue to communicate evaluation measures and results are implemented.
- Evaluation reports are prepared and communicated to team members.
- Foster the habit of critical inquiry and curiosity in the workplace.
- Issues and situations are reflected on and wondered about.
- Issues and problems in the workplace particularly in the policies, procedures and protocols are discussed and evaluated between and among teams.
- Evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness of workplace policies, procedures and protocols are documented, communicated and agreed upon between and among teams.
- Growth mindset and positive relationship and communication is applied in the context of curiosity and critical inquiry in the workplace.
- Develop practical action plans for improving workplace conditions.
- Evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness of workplace policies, procedures and protocols are documented, communicated to stakeholders.
- Practical action plans in improving workplace conditions are formulated, presented and negotiated with stakeholders.
- Proposed changes and directions are inquired, processed and negotiated between and among teams, and stakeholders as well of the organization.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and change is highlighted.
- Passion and dedication for changing and adapting to the demands of the 21st century workplace are considered.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : CONTRIBUTE TO THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL JUSTICE IN THE WORKPLACE
UNIT CODE : 500311404
This unit covers ways and means to assume active roles in resolving local and global challenges and to become proactive contributors to a more peaceful and sustainable world.
- Update self on local, national and global trends/issues in the workplace
- Media are regularly scanned/ monitored for trends and issues relevant to human rights, gender equality, promotion of culture of peace and nonviolence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Knowledge and understanding of local, national and global issues and their interconnectedness and interdependency are acquired.
- Notable issues and trends are critically examined and discussed with peers, colleagues, or family members.
- Relate local and global trends to workplace context
- Local events are reflected on for implications in one’s own situation and in the external global environment.
- Sense of belonging to a common humanity, sharing values and responsibilities are developed.
- Attitudes of empathy, solidarity and respect for differences and diversity are strengthened.
- Engage and take actions on workplace issues and concerns
- Effective and responsible actions at local, national and global levels are identified.
- Motivation and willingness to take necessary actions are developed.
- Attitude of “thinking globally and acting locally” is practiced.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : MANAGE INNOVATIVE WORK INSTRUCTIONS
UNIT CODE : 500311405
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to sustain and develop a workplace environment in which improvement, innovation and learning are promoted and reinforced.
- Review and analyze existing workplace practices
- Current instructions and strategies to perform tasks in the workplace are reviewed
- Climate for innovation at the organizational level is defined
- Innovation drivers in the workplace are identified
- Examine opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation of practices in the workplace
- Effectiveness of innovative practices in the workplace is determined
- Innovative behaviors of leaders or managers in the organization are assessed
- Driving principles of innovation are discussed
- Implement innovative ways in the conduct of usual workplace practices
- Innovative behaviors in the workplace are performed
- Innovative climate in the workplace is maintained
- Adoption or modification of new ideas relevant to the organizational needs is achieved
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : MANAGE AND EVALUATE USAGE OF INFORMATION
UNIT CODE : 500311406
This unit of competency covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to support
- Review information needs and sources
- The information needs of individuals/teams are determined and the sources are identified.
- Information held by the organization is reviewed to determine suitability and accessibility.
- Plans are prepared to obtain information that is not available or accessible within the organization.
- Collect and analyze information
- Collection of information is interpreted timely and relevant to the needs of individuals/teams.
- Information is collected in formal suitable for analysis, interpretation and dissemination.
- Information is analyzed to identify relevant trends and developments in terms of the needs for which is acquired.
- Use management information systems
- Management information systems are used to store and retrieve data for decision making.
- Technology available in the work area/organization is used to manage information.
- Recommendations for improving the information system are submitted to designated persons/ groups.
- Report and disseminate analyzed information
- The results of information gathering, analysis and synthesis are reported within specified time frames and to the standard defined by the organization.
- The results of information gathering, analysis and synthesis are reported so they can be inputs to policy development and organization decision making.
- Information which is gathered is disseminated to appropriate personnel within the specified timeframe
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : LEAD IN IMPROVEMENT OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH (OSH) PROGRAMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
UNIT CODE : 500311407
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to assess Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) practices and programs, recommend OSH program improvement initiatives, and implement recommended improvements on Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Programs, Procedures and Policies
- Assess Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) practices and programs
- OSH practices and programs are reviewed based on workplace policies and procedures
- Appropriate personnel or OSH reference guides are consulted for proper guidance based on workplace policies and procedures
- Current practices and programs are evaluated based on acceptable level of OSH work standards
- Recommend OSH program improvement initiatives
- OSH work improvement initiatives are identified that are relevant with the workplace scenario
- OSH program improvement plans are organized based on workplace policies and procedures
- OSH program improvement plans are presented based on workplace policies and procedures
- Implement recommended improvements on Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Programs, Procedures and Policies
- Approved improvements on OSH work improvement initiatives are communicated based on workplace policies and procedures
- Concern personnel are guided in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Implementation of the approved OSH initiatives are monitored in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Implementation of approved OSH initiatives are evaluated based on workplace policies and procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : LEAD TOWARDS IMPROVEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL WORK PROGRAMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
UNIT CODE : 500311408
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required in assessing environmental work practices and standards, recommending environmental work improvement initiatives and implementing recommended environmental improvements
- Assess environmental work practices and programs
- Environmental practices and programs are reviewed based on workplace policies
- Appropriate personnel or environmental reference guides are consulted for proper guidance based on workplace policies*
- Current practices and programs are evaluated based on acceptable level of environmental work standards*
- Recommend environmental program improvements initiatives
- Environment practices opportunities are Identified that are relevant with the workplace scenario
- Environmental program improvement plans are organized based on workplace policies and procedures*
- Environmental program improvement plans are presented based on workplace policies and procedures*
- Implement recommended improvements on environmental programs, policies and procedures
- Approved improvements on environmental work program initiatives are promoted based on workplace policies and procedures
- Implementation of the approved environmental initiatives are monitored in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Implementation of approved environmental initiatives are evaluated based on workplace policies and procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : SUSTAIN ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS
UNIT CODE : 500311409
This unit covers the outcomes required to update and continue one’s professional development along entrepreneurship, including applying such growth in skills toward expanding the enterprise and developing its work force.
- Enhance one’s business skills
- Entrepreneurial skills development needs are identified and responded to promptly.
- Market trends are monitored, anticipated and taken advantage of where feasible.
- New technologies, products and processes are included/utilized where advantageous to the enterprise.
- Constant dialog/linkages with other entrepreneurs/peers and stakeholders are maintained
- Circulation and participation in business for a, meetings, conventions and exhibits are maintained.
- Manage entrepreneurial practices
- Ideas and comments for improvements are sought from workers and clients.
- Staff/workers are encouraged and supported in their skills development and enhancement.
- A culture of continuous improvement is fostered within the enterprise.
- Innovations on the existing lines of products and services are encouraged
- Expand markets and clientele
- Enterprise is built up and sustained through judicious control of cash flows.
- Profitability of enterprise is ensured though appropriate internal controls.
- Unnecessary or lower priority expenses and purchases are avoided.
- New markets and clients are identified based on current market trends