TESDA TRAINING REGULATIONS FOR MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC II
The TESDA Course in MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS SERVICES NCII consist of competencies that a person must achieve to perform documentation services for multimodal transport operations.
A student who has achieved this TESDA Course in MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC II is competent to be:
- Documentation Clerk
- Liaison Personnel*
TRAINEE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Trainees or students wishing to enroll in these course qualifications should possess the following requirements:
- Must have completed the ten (10) year basic education or an Alternative Learning System (ALS) Certificate of Completion with Grade 10 equivalent holder
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be computer-literate
MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC II
Course Title: MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES
Level: NC II
Nominal Training Duration : 273 Hours
(Basic Competency) 37 Hours
(Common Competency) 48 Hours
(Core Competency) 62 Hours
Total Duration: 457 Hours
Supervised Industry Training (SIT) – 126 Hours
This course is designed to provide the learner with knowledge, practical skills and attitude, applicable in performing industry calculation in freight forwarding and documentation services, processing transport documents for import cargo, preparing request for payment and billings, preparing and completing statistical reports, processing shipping documents, liaising with relevant stakeholders and addressing bottlenecks and work disruptions. This include classroom learning activities and practical work in actual work site or simulation area.
The training institution has the option to introduce other methodologies to deliver the program or the course and to partner with other individuals/organizations that would be able to provide training resources in the conduct of the course.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED IN MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC II
This units of competency comprising this qualification include Basic, Common, and Core Competencies.
To obtain this TESDA course in MICROINSURANCE SERVICES (MUTUAL BENEFIT) NC II, all units prescribed for this qualification must be achieved.
These units of competency comprising this qualification include the following:
|UNIT CODE||CORE COMPETENCIES (62 Hours)|
|MTO432301||Perform industry calculation in freight forwarding and documentation services|
|MTO432302||Process transport documents for import cargo|
|MTO432303||Prepare request for payment and billings|
|MTO432304||Prepare and complete statistical reports|
|MTO432305||Process shipping documents|
|MTO432306||Liaise with relevant stakeholders|
|MTO432307||Address bottlenecks and work disruptions|
|UNIT CODE||COMMON COMPETENCIES (48 Hours)|
|MTO491201||Apply freight forwarding documentation services and workplace procedures|
|MTO491202||Perform workplace security and safety|
|MTO491203||Provide effective customer service|
|MTO491204||Contribute to quality system|
|MTO491205||Perform computer operations|
|UNIT CODE||BASIC COMPETENCIES (37 Hours)|
|400311210||Participate in workplace communication|
|400311211||Work in a team environment|
|400311212||Solve/address general workplace problems|
|400311213||Develop career and life decisions|
|400311214||Contribute to workplace innovation|
|400311215||Present relevant information|
|400311216||Practice occupational safety and health policies and procedures|
|400311217||Exercise efficient and effective sustainable practices in the workplace|
|400311218||Practice entrepreneurial skills in the workplace|
These units of competency are categorized into basic, common and core competencies.
This section gives the details of the contents of the core units of competency required in MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT OPERATION AND LOGISTICS (SEAFREIGHT IMPORT) SERVICES NC II.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM INDUSTRY CALCULATION IN FREIGHT FORWARDING AND DOCUMENTATION SERVICES
UNIT CODE : MTO432301
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to carry out basic routine workplace calculations. It specifically includes carrying out required mathematical operations; preparing basic estimates of mass, size and volume; and interpreting basic graphical representations of mathematical information.
- Carry out calculations
- Volume and weight are identified and calculated as required in workplace tasks
- Calculations needed to complete work tasks are performed using the four basic processes of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division or any appropriate
- Calculations involving fractions, percentages and mixed numbers, and using the four basic processes, are performed as required to complete workplace procedures
- The functions of a calculator, numeric keypad or computer are used to perform mathematical operations
- Numerical information is self checked and corrected for accuracy
- Prepare cost estimates
- Cargo weight and dimension are identified in accordance with standard operating procedure.
- Standard tariff for destination charges and/or agreed rates are applied in accordance with standard operating procedure.
- Applicable foreign exchange rate conversion is used for cost estimate In accordance with industry practice.
- Quantities of materials and resources required to complete a work task are estimated
- Accurate estimates for work completion are made
- Interpret graphical representations of mathematical information
- Information represented in symbols, diagrams, markings, signage and pictorial representations are recognized.
- Applicable format presentation is established in accordance with company procedure.
- Comparative variances of performance data are established in accordance with company procedure.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY: PROCESS TRANSPORT DOCUMENTS FOR IMPORT CARGO
UNIT CODE : MTO432302
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to identify, collate, and process import cargo. Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements maybe applicable to this unit.
- Gather applicable documentation requirements for import cargo.
- Documentation requirements are identified in accordance with established standard procedures.
- Commodity type, size, commercial value, shipping method, classification are assessed according to established standards and procedures
- Import documentary requirements are gathered and any missing document or discrepancy for rectification is identified and reported to the superior in accordance with workplace and regulatory procedures.
- Established timelines and procedures for gathering import shipping documents are observed in compliance with workplace and regulatory procedure
- Prepare import documentary requirements
- Import shipping documents obtained are checked for accuracy and completeness in accordance with import requirements and procedures.
- Arrival details are monitored and confirmed with the carriers in accordance with work procedures
- preparation and submission of inward foreign manifest in accordance with customs regulations and workplace procedures.
- Issue documentary requirements for import delivery
- Arrival notice is issued to the consignee
- All import documentary requirements to facilitate transfer and stripping of import cargoes are prepared.
- Delivery order is issued to consignee or its authorized representative upon fulfillment of all documentary and financial requirements
- Other documentary requirements and procedures to address discrepancies in accordance with standard procedure
- Track and update status of import cargo
- Any cargo irregularity is reported to the superior for appropriate action in accordance with workplace and regulatory procedures.
- Status of cargo release is monitored and reported to the superior in accordance with agreed lead time and regulatory requirements.
- Any special instructions are coordinated with concerned parties in accordance with client’s and workplace requirements
UNIT OF COMPETENCY: PREPARE REQUEST FOR PAYMENT AND BILLINGS
UNIT CODE : MTOG432303
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to check and validate billings from third parties, prepare, process and monitor request for payments and collections. Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements may be applicable to this unit.
- Prepare payments and billings
- Billing statement from the carrier are secured within prescribed timeline according to workplace procedure.
- Request for checks/cash for payment of carrier’s charges and other suppliers
- Carrier’s import delivery requirements are prepared and submitted in exchange of carrier’s delivery order upon payment of carrier’s charges.
- Draft billing to consignee is prepared for checking and approval of superior in accordance with workplace procedure
- Approved billing draft is finalized and served to clients
- Monitor payments and collections
- Timelines and procedures of payments and collections of import charges are identified
- Collections and payments are made within the established timeline and procedures
- Any irregularity and inconsistency are reported to superior for resolution.
- Complete and record transaction
- Import transaction history is established for future reference.
- Import statistics summary report is prepared for ready reference.
- Proof of delivery is obtained and recorded in accordance with workplace procedure.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PREPARE AND COMPLETE STATISTICAL REPORTS
UNIT CODE : MTO432304
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to collate data and prepare statistical reports as required by internal and external local and international standards. Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements may be applicable to this unit.
- Collate data for reports
- Data required for reporting are identified in accordance with workplace procedure and requirements
- Applicable formats for reporting are identified in accordance with workplace procedure and requirements
- Data required are collated in accordance with workplace procedure and requirements.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PROCESS SHIPPING DOCUMENTS
UNIT CODE : MTO432305
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to ensure the completeness and accuracy of documents for processing. Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements may be applicable to this unit.
- Familiarize documents subject for external processing
- Documents for external processing are identified in accordance with workplace procedure
- Documents for external processing including financial requirements are prepared in accordance with workplace procedure
- Documents for external processing are checked for completeness and accuracy in accordance with workplace procedure.
- Status of work assignments are reported to superior within established timeline and procedure.
- Work plan and schedule are prepared in accordance with workplace standard operating procedure.
- Status of processing activities are monitored and reported to the superior
- Processed documents are submitted and reported to superior in accordance with set timeline
- Liquidate expenses
- Proof of payments are collated in accordance with company procedure
- Amounts are tallied against cash advances in accordance with company procedure
- Liquidation reports are submitted for approval by the superior in accordance with company procedure
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : LIAISE WITH RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS
UNIT CODE : MTO432306
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to ensure the proper coordination with various stakeholders
- Maintain updated list of relevant stakeholders
- Database of relevant stakeholders are recorded according to workplace procedure.
- Database of relevant stakeholders are organized according to workplace procedure
- Database of relevant stakeholders are updated regularly
- Familiarize with the processes and requirements of relevant stakeholders
- Vital work related information of relevant stakeholders are gathered
- Vital work related information of relevant stakeholders are organized
- Vital work related information of relevant stakeholders are updated regularly
- Maintain good rapport with relevant stakeholders
- Focal contact persons for each relevant stakeholders are identified in accordance with workplace procedure
- Work relationship with relevant stakeholder is initially established through face to face meetings
- regular and open communication is established with relevant stakeholders with workplace procedure
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : ADDRESS BOTTLENECKS AND WORK DISRUPTIONS
UNIT CODE : MTO432307
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to identify challenges and work disruptions. Identify appropriate contingency plan to ensure smooth completion of processes. Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements may be applicable to this unit.
- Familiarize with workplace procedure and practices
- Workplace procedures and practices are obtained in accordance with company protocols
- Workplace procedures and practices are studied in accordance with company protocols
- Workplace procedures and practices are applied in accordance with company protocols
- Identify possible challenges and disruptions
- list of possible challenges and disruptions are prepared in accordance with company protocols
- Contingency plan is established in accordance with company protocols
- Processes are updated and improved according to results of experiences in accordance with company protocols
- Implement the contingency plan as required
- The specific challenges and disruptions are identified in accordance with company protocols
- Contingency plan is applied to address the specific challenges and disruptions in accordance with company protocols
- Reports are prepared based on the specific challenges, disruptions, and contingency plan in accordance with company protocols
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : APPLY FREIGHT FORWARDING DOCUMENTATION SERVICES AND WORKPLACE PROCEDURES
UNIT CODE : MTO491201
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to apply freight forwarding documentation services and workplace procedures.
- Gain understanding on the different terminologies used in freight forwarding and shipping
- Common freight forwarding terminologies are familiarized in accordance with global practices.
- Shipping terminologies are familiarized in accordance with global practices.
- Incoterms are familiarized in accordance with global trading practices.
- Apply freight forwarding and shipping terminologies in communication with overseas agents, clients and other stakeholders
- Necessary protocols and formats are used in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Proper tools and equipment are identified and used in accordance with workplace procedures
- Responses in communications are made in accordance with agreed timelines
- Receive and prepare work assignment including documents for processing
- Required documents for processing are identified in accordance with standard operating procedure
- The itinerary is prepared according to priority of work assignment
- Prepared itinerary is submitted for approval to the immediate superior.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM WORKPLACE SECURITY AND SAFETY
UNIT CODE : MTO491202
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to follow security procedures in the workplace. It includes identifying security threats or situations and responding thereof.
- Maintain security of the workplace
- Any breach of security requirements are reported promptly to designated personnel in accordance with workplace safety and security procedures
- Potential security concerns are identified and reported to the appropriate authorities in accordance with company policies.
- Security in the workplace is maintained and monitored in accordance with established procedures.
- Familiarize with workplace safety and security policies and procedures
- Safety and Security orientation are attended in accordance to workplace procedures
- Safety and Security procedures are applied in accordance with workplace policy
- Safety and Security procedures are maintained in accordance with workplace policy.
- 3.Identify a security threat or situation
- Security threat or situation is promptly identified and assessed and response is prioritized in accordance with the workplace security program and procedures
- Implications of the security threat or situation are evaluated in accordance with workplace security program and procedures
- Respond to a security threat or situation
- Response to an identified security threat or situation is in accordance with workplace security procedures, received instructions, regulatory requirements and emergency response plan
- Security threats or incidents are handled appropriately in accordance with established response plan and within limits of responsibility using available communications in the work area
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PROVIDE EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
UNIT CODE : MTO491203
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to provide effective customer service skills to relevant workplace operations. It includes dealing with customer inquiries and monitoring customer satisfaction.
- Deal with customer inquiries
- Customer inquiries are dealt with courteously and efficiently both by phone and face to face
- Questions are used to clarify the customer’s needs or concerns
- Assistance from other staff is sought when a customer’ s inquiry cannot be fully answered
- Knowledge of products, services and/or operations is used to answer customer queries or to respond to customers’ needs
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Customer requirements are dealt with according to workplace procedures
- Appropriate feedback is provided to managers and internal and/or external customers
- Customer inquiries and associated action are recorded and reported in accordance with workplace procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : CONTRIBUTE TO QUALITY SYSTEMS
UNIT CODE : MTO491204
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to contribute quality procedures within work activities. It includes applying quality concepts to work, planning and evaluating improvements in work processes and implementing improvements confirmed through tests and evaluation.
- Apply quality concepts
- Responsibility is taken for quality of own work when providing services or products to meet customer needs
- Work is completed in accordance with workplace standards as defined in enterprise policies and procedures
- Basic quality concepts are applied to work activities
- Test and evaluate improvements
- Improvements to work processes are tested and evaluated
- Evaluation of improvements to work processes are checked for improvement outcomes and compliance with workplace requirements
- Implement improvements
- Improvement initiatives tested and confirmed as successful are implemented in accordance with enterprise procedures
- Work is completed in accordance with workplace procedure
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PERFORM COMPUTER OPERATIONS
UNIT CODE : MTO491205
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes and values needed to perform computer operations which include inputting, accessing, producing and transferring data using the appropriate hardware and software
- Plan and prepare for task to be undertaken
- Requirements of task are determined
- Appropriate hardware and software are selected according to task assigned and required outcome
- Task is planned to ensure OSH guidelines and procedures are followed
- Input data into computer
- Data are entered into the computer using appropriate program/application in accordance with company procedures
- Accuracy of information is checked and information is saved in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Inputted data are stored in storage media according to requirements
- Work is performed within ergonomic guidelines
- Access information using computer
- Correct program/application is selected based on job require 3.2 Program/application containing the information required is accessed according to company procedures
- Desktop icons are correctly selected, opened and closed for navigation purposes
- Keyboard techniques are carried out in line with OS&H requirements for safe use of keyboards
- Produce/output data using computer system
- Entered data are processed using appropriate software commands
- Data are printed out as required using computer hardware/peripheral devices in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Files and data are transferred between compatible systems using computer software, hardware and peripheral devices in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintain computer equipment and systems
- Systems for cleaning, minor maintenance and replacement of consumables are implemented
- Procedures for ensuring security of data, including regular back-ups and virus checks are implemented in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Basic file maintenance procedures are implemented in line with the standard operating procedures
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PARTICIPATE IN WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION
UNIT CODE : 400311210
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to gather, interpret and convey information in response to workplace requirements.
- Obtain and convey workplace information
- Specific and relevant information is accessed from appropriate sources
- Effective questioning , active listening and speaking skills are used to gather and convey information
- Appropriate medium is used to transfer information and ideas
- Appropriate non- verbal communication is used
- Appropriate lines of communication with supervisors and colleagues are identified and followed
- Defined workplace procedures for the location and storage of information are used
- Personal interaction is carried out clearly and concisely
- Perform duties following workplace instructions
- Written notices and instructions are read and interpreted in accordance with organizational guidelines
- Routine written instruction are followed based on established procedures
- Feedback is given to workplace supervisor based instructions/ information received
- Workplace interactions are conducted in a courteous manner
- Where necessary, clarifications about routine workplace procedures and matters concerning conditions of employment are sought and asked from appropriate sources
- Meetings outcomes are interpreted and implemented
- Complete relevant work related documents
- Range of forms relating to conditions of employment are completed accurately and legibly
- Workplace data is recorded on standard workplace forms and documents
- Basic mathematical processes are used for routine calculations
- Errors in recording information on forms/ documents are identified and properly acted upon
- Reporting requirements to supervisor are completed according to organizational guidelines
UNIT OF COMPETENCY: WORK IN TEAM ENVIRONMENT
UNIT CODE : 400311211
This unit covers the skills, knowledge and attitudes to identify role and responsibility as a member of a team.
- Describe team role and scope
- The role and objective of the team is identified from available sources of information
- Team parameters, reporting relationships and responsibilities are identified from team discussions and appropriate external sources
- Identify own role and responsibility within team
- Individual role and responsibilities within the team environment are identified
- Roles and responsibility of other team members are identified and recognized
- Reporting relationships within team and external to team are identified
- Work as a team member
- Effective and appropriate forms of communications used and interactions undertaken with team members who contribute to known team activities and objectives
- Effective and appropriate contributions made to complement team activities and objectives, based on individual skills and competencies and workplace context
- Observed protocols in reporting using standard operating procedures
- Contribute to the development of team work plans based on an understanding of team’s role and objectives and individual competencies of the members.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : SOLVE/ADDRESS GENERAL WORKPLACE PROBLEMS
UNIT CODE : 400311212
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to apply problem-solving techniques to determine the origin of problems and plan for their resolution. It also includes addressing procedural problems through documentation, and referral.
- Identify routine problems
- Routine problems or procedural problem areas are identified
- Problems to be investigated are defined and determined
- Current conditions of the problem are identified and documented
- Look for solutions to routine problems
- Potential solutions to problem are identified
- Recommendations about possible solutions are developed, documented, ranked and presented to appropriate person for decision
- Recommend solutions to problems
- Implementation of solutions are planned
- Evaluation of implemented solutions are planned
- Recommended solutions are documented and submit to appropriate person for confirmation
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : DEVELOP CAREER AND LIFE DECISIONS
UNIT CODE : 400311213
This unit covers the knowledge, skills, and attitudes in managing one’s emotions, developing reflective practice, and boosting self-confidence and developing self-regulation.
- Manage one’s emotion
- Self-management strategies are identified
- Skills to work independently and to show initiative, to be conscientious, and persevering in the face of setbacks and frustrations are developed
- Techniques for effectively handling negative emotions and unpleasant situation in the workplace are examined
- Develop reflective practice
- Personal strengths and achievements, based on self-assessment strategies and teacher feedback are contemplated
- Progress when seeking and responding to feedback from teachers to assist them in consolidating strengths, addressing weaknesses and fulfilling their potential are monitored
- Outcomes of personal and academic challenges by reflecting on previous problem solving and decision making strategies and feedback from peers and teachers are predicted
- Boost self-confidence and develop self-regulation
- Efforts for continuous self-improvement are demonstrated
- Counter-productive tendencies at work are eliminated
- Positive outlook in life are maintained.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : CONTRIBUTE TO WORKPLACE INNOVATION
UNIT CODE : 400311214
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and Attitudes required to make a pro-active and positive contribution to workplace innovation.
- Identify opportunities to do things better
- Opportunities for improvement are identified proactively in own area of work.
- Information are gathered and reviewed which may be relevant to ideas and which might assist in gaining support for idea.
- Discuss and develop ideas with others
- People who could provide input to ideas for improvements are identified.
- Ways of approaching people to begin sharing ideas are selected.
- Meeting is set with relevant people.
- Ideas for follow up are review and selected based on feedback.
- Critical inquiry method is used to discuss and develop ideas with others.
- Integrate ideas for change in the workplace
- Critical inquiry method is used to integrate different ideas for change of key people.
- Summarizing, analyzing and generalizing skills are used to extract salient points in the pool of ideas.
- Reporting skills are likewise used to communicate results.
- Current Issues and concerns on the systems, processes and procedures, as well as the need for simple innovative practices are identified.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PRESENT RELEVANT INFORMATION
UNIT CODE : 400311215
This unit of covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to present data/information appropriately.
- Gather data/ information
- Evidence, facts and information are collected
- Evaluation, terms of reference and conditions are reviewed to determine whether data/information falls within project scope
- Assess gathered data/ information
- Validity of data/ information is assessed
- Analysis techniques are applied to assess data/ information.
- Trends and anomalies are identified
- Data analysis techniques and procedures are documented
- Recommendations are made on areas of possible improvement.
- Record and present information
- Studied data/information are recorded.
- Recommendations are analysed for action to ensure they are compatible with the project’s scope and terms of reference.
- Interim and final reports are analysed and outcomes are compared to the criteria established at the outset.
- Findings are presented to stakeholders.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PRACTICE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
UNIT CODE : 400311216
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to identify OSH compliance requirements, prepare OSH requirements for compliance, perform tasks in accordance with relevant OSH policies and procedures
- Identify OSH compliance requirements
- Relevant OSH requirements, regulations, policies and procedures are identified in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- OSH activity non-conformities are conveyed to appropriate personnel
- OSH preventive and control requirements are identified in accordance with OSH work policies and procedures
- Prepare OSH requirements for compliance
- OSH work activity material, tools and equipment requirements are identified in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Required OSH materials, tools and equipment are acquired in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Required OSH materials, tools and equipment are arranged/ placed in accordance with OSH work standards
- Perform tasks in accordance with relevant OSH policies and procedures
- Relevant OSH work procedures are identified in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Work Activities are executed in accordance with OSH work standards
- Non-compliance work activities are reported to appropriate personnel
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : EXERCISE EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES IN THE WORKPLACE
UNIT CODE : 400311217
This unit covers knowledge, skills and attitude to identify the efficiency and effectiveness of resource utilization, determine causes of inefficiency and/or ineffectiveness of resource utilization and Convey inefficient and ineffective environmental practices
- Identify the efficiency and effectiveness of resource utilization
- Required resource utilization in the workplace is measured using appropriate techniques
- Data are recorded in accordance with workplace protocol
- Recorded data are compared to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of resource utilization according to established environmental work procedures
- Determine causes of inefficiency and/or ineffectiveness of resource utilization
- Potential causes of inefficiency and/or ineffectiveness are listed
- Causes of inefficiency and/or ineffectiveness are identified through deductive reasoning
- Identified causes of inefficiency and/or ineffectiveness are validated thru established environmental procedures
- Convey inefficient and ineffective environmental practices
- Efficiency and effectiveness of resource utilization are reported to appropriate personnel
- Concerns related resource utilization are discussed with appropriate personnel
- Feedback on information/ concerns raised are clarified with appropriate personnel
UNIT OF COMPETENCY : PRACTICE ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS IN THE WORKPLACE
UNIT CODE : 400311218
This unit covers the outcomes required to apply entrepreneurial workplace best practices and implement cost-effective operations
- Apply entrepreneurial workplace best practices
- Good practices relating to workplace operations are observed and selected following workplace policy.
- Quality procedures and practices are complied with according to workplace requirements.
- Cost-conscious habits in resource utilization are applied based on industry standards.
- Communicate entrepreneurial workplace best practices
- Observed Good practices relating to workplace operations are communicated to appropriate person.
- Observed quality procedures and practices are communicated to appropriate person
- Cost-conscious habits in resource utilization are communicated based on industry standards.
- Implement cost-effective operations
- Preservation and optimization of workplace resources is implemented in accordance with enterprise policy
- Judicious use of workplace tools, equipment and materials are observed according to manual and work requirements.
- Constructive contributions to office operations are made according to enterprise requirements.
- Ability to work within one’s allotted time and finances is sustained.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Aural – Relating to the sense of hearing
Best practices – Commercial or professional procedures accepted as being correct or most effective
Bottlenecks – A process in a chain of processes with limited capacity reducing maximum capacity
Cargo stripping – Unloading of contents or cargo from a freight container or tanker
Carrier – A person or company responsible for physical custody of goods and for any loss if any
Computer hardware – Physical parts of a computer system such as keyboard, wire connectors, monitor screen, mother board, hard Disk drive , among others.
Computer software – Set of instructions that tells a computer what and how to do a particular task ie.programs, applications.
Computer storage – A process or physical station on which digital data is saved or stored
Contingency plan – A plan designed to take a possible future event into account; a recovery plan.
Customer service – Assistance or advice provided by a company to its customers
Data – Facts or statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
Delivery order – A release document from the buyer, agent, or consignee to another party
Effectiveness – Extent to which actual results have impact to fulfill desired outcomes.
Efficiency – Efficiency means whatever is performed should be done in a perfect way likewise reducing wastage
Entrepreneurial – Characterized by the taking of financial risks in the hope of profit; enterprising.
Ergonomic – Relating to or designed for efficiency and comfort in the working environment
Ethical – Relating to moral principles
Fiduciary – Involving trust, especially with regard to the relationship between the trustee and beneficiary
Forms – Business forms used by companies on a standard basis between and among management, staff, suppliers and customers
– Beliefs and attitudes in going about addressing problems in the workplace through new ideas or better ways of doing things
Insurance – Means of protection from financial loss
Integrate – Combine with one another so that they become a whole to achieve its objectives
Legislation – Statutory law or ordinance with order as its core objective
Liaison – Cooperation or communication which facilitates a close working relationship between people
Parameters- A measureable factor forming one of a set that defines a system or sets the condition for a Particular operation
Peripheral devices – Examples are auxiliary devices such as keyboard or printer connected to a computer
Protocols – Proper procedure of respect
Quality manual – A document that states a company’s intentions for operating processes within a quality Management system
Quarantine – Strict isolation for purposes of preventing spread of a disease from people, plants, or animals
Regulatory – Serving or intended to regulate or control something.
Safety – Condition of being protected from unlikely danger, risk, or injury
Security threat – Something that may or may not happen but has the potential to cause serious damage
Timeline – Agreed deadlines or time frame in which to accomplish a certain task
Work disruption – Any event or circumstance which may create damage or loss to a business or operation
NC 11 – TR
BIR Bureau of Internal Revenue
BOC Bureau of Customs
CD Compact Disc
DOF Department of Finance
DTI Department of Trade and Industry
ECC Environmental Clearance Certificate
EDI Electronic Data Interchange
EHS Environment, Health and Safety
ETD Explosive Trace Detection
FCL Full Container Load
HR Human Resources
INCOTERMS International Commercial Terms
LCL Less Container Load
MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet
OHS Occupational Health and Safety
OS&H Occupational Safety & Health
PPE Personal Protective Equipment
SRT Self-Regulation Theory
SWOT Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
TESDA Technical Education and Skills Development Authority
TR Training Regulation