Puerto Princesa School of Arts and Trades (PPSAT) is an institution accredited by TESDA that offers Technical and Vocational Education and Training Programs (TVET) under the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
Puerto Princesa School of Arts and Trades (PPSAT)
Address: Sta. Monica, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, Philippines
Telephone Number: (048) 433-4364
PPSAT was formerly known as Puerto Princesa School for Philippine Craftsmen (PPSPC). IT was once under the supervision of Department of Education Culture and Sports (now Dep Ed) from 1974 to 1994 as a public secondary school. By virtue of RA 7928, PPSPC became PPSAT on 1995 and started offering technical education programs.
PPSAT is a leading institution of technical excellence in the development of highly skilled workers with world class competence and desirable work values responsive to the demands of the industry.
PPSAT provides competency-based training programs and strengthens linkages with partners to develop competent workers for local and global employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for quality life.
10 Competency-Based Training Principles
- The training is based on curriculum developed from the competency standards
- Learning is modular in its structure
- Training deliver is individualized and self-paced
- Training is based on work that must be performed
- Training materials are directly related to the competency standards and the curriculum modules
- Assessment is based in the collection of evidence of the performance of work to the industry required standards
- Training is based both on and off-the-job components
- Allows for recognition of prior learning (RPL) or current competencies
- Training allows for multiple entry and exit
- Approved training programs are nationally accredited
TESDA Approved Programs
Here is the list of available TESDA registered programs and short courses offered in “Puerto Princesa School of Arts and Trades” in the Province of Palawan.
List of Tesda Courses Offered in Puerto Princesa School of Arts and Trades (PPSAT)
|Consumer Electronics Servicing NC II||438 Hours|
|Food and Beverage Services NC II||336 hours|
|Food Processing NC II||568 hours|
|Front Office Services NC II||436 hours|
|Housekeeping NC II||436 hours|
|Machining NC II||337 hours|
|Masonry NC II||162 hours|
|Plumbing NC II||162 hours|
|Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II||268 hours|
|Tile Setting NC II||82 hours|
|Trainers Methodology Level I||264 Hours|
Basic Requirements for TESDA Courses:
- At least 18 years of age
- At least High School Graduate
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- With good moral character
- Undergone a pre-training assessment
- Can communicate both orally and in written form
Training Fees and Schedule
The cost of training and tuition fees may vary depending upon the specific course of interest and the school offering the training. Training centers also may have slightly different syllabus to teach to students in a class.
For inquiries, tuition fees, enrollment procedures, class schedule and other concern, it would be better that you visit their school/training center and inquire for other documents they may need.
Location and Contact Information
For further information, please contact the school directly at telephone number (048) 433-4364. You can also visit Puerto Princesa School of Arts and Trades (PPSAT). The assessment center is located at Sta. Monica, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, Philippines.