Up to 87.38 percent industry workers passed the Competency Assessment and Certification for Workers (CACW) of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) after it was launched in 10 regions recently.
TESDA Director General, Secretary Guiling “Gene” Mamondiong said that the program will encourage industry workers to undergo assessment and certification of the agency so that their knowledge and skills will increase.
“The CACW aims to provide Assessment and Certification program to industry workers; expand clients’ access to assessment and certification program; enhance competitiveness, employability and productivity of industry workers; and upgrade the qualifications of existing workers, trainers and assessors to higher level of qualification,” said Mamondiong.
At least 150 representatives joined the launch of CACW which include industry association/partners, government institutions, TESDA officials and staff at Accredited Competency and Assessment Center Managers from the National Capital Region (NCR).
Groups that took part in the CACW program:
- Animation Council of the Philippines, Inc. (ACPI)
- Association of Carriers and Equipment Lessors (ACEL)
- Association of Construction and Informal Workers (ACIW)
- Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines, Inc. (CAMPI)
- Confederation of Truckers Association of the Philippines (CTAP)
- Drugstore Association of the Philippines (DSAP)
- eMechanics Computer Peripherals and Services
Other groups that joined the launch of CACW
- Healthcare Information Management Association of the Philippines (HIMAP)
- Honda Philippines, Inc. (HPI)
- Mechatronics Industries Association of the Philippines, Inc. (MIAP)
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI)
- Philippine Construction Association, Inc. (PCA)
- Philippine Pharmacists Association, Inc. (PPhA)
- Semiconductor and Electronics Industries in the Philippines, Inc. (SEIPI)
- Tourism Industry Board Foundation, Inc. (TIBFI)
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and TESDA.
Qualifications in the CACW program:
- Scaffolding Erection (NC II)
- Pharmacy Services (NC III)
- Food and Beverage Services (NC II)
- Hilot-Wellness Massage (NC II)
- Housekeeping (NC II)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (NC II)
- Driving (NC II)
- Visual Graphic Design (NC II)
- Automotive Servicing (NC II)
- Computer Systems Servicing (NC II)
- Motorcycle and Small Engine (NC II)
- Electrical Installation and Maintenance (NC II)
Apart from the NCR, the CACW was also launched in Region III, Region IV-B, Region V, Region VI, Region VII, Region VIII, Region IX, Region XII and the CARAGA Region. – by Girlie